Welcome to St Molios Church of Scotland, Shiskine.
Old Clachan Church
A Brief History of
The Clachan Church & Burial Ground
Here are a few photographs of the Rededication of
the Old Clachan Preaching House on Pentecost Sunday 2012.
There will be an open air service this year (2013) on
Sunday 29th September at 3 p.m.
This old photo is around 100 years old.
The building is known today as Clauchan or Saint Molios chapel but is referred to as a preaching or a meeting house in earlier documents from the time of its constructution (1805) as was its predecessor Duchess Anne's Chapel (1708)..
Hugh McKerrell writing in 1994 tells us that beside the churchyard at Shiskine are the substantial remains of a simple building. He goes on to say that there is a written a account, still readable in the session minutes for Kilmory of the 23rd December 1708 regarding the building of a preaching house at Clachan by the inhabitants of Shiskine at their own expense.
This batch of photos was taken before the work started - August 2007.
Thie following is where the project was at near the end of 2009.
The following photos take us up to May 2010.